Can the answer to a single question change the course of your entire life? Ursula K. Le Guin once said, “The only questions that really matter are the ones you ask yourself.” But not just any questions will do; you have to ask yourself the RIGHT questions. Here are 30 deep questions to ask yourself. If you can’t answer these questions, you may be missing a vital piece of the puzzle leading to your happiness and life fulfillment.
Can you answer them? Can you answer them honestly?
30 Questions That Can Change Your Life
Sign up to download the FREE Workbook + BONUS Cheatsheet –>
Life-changing Questions to Answer About Yourself
You can learn an awful lot about yourself just by asking yourself a few questions. (As long as you are willing to be brutally honest with yourself!) The right question asked at the right moment can jolt you out of your normal mental ruts and make you think about things from a new perspective. If you feel like you’ve been working hard and finding some success, but you are still feeling unsatisfied or like something is missing, one of these questions may hold the answer you’ve been searching for.
And if you don’t ask the right questions at the right time, or if you are never willing to ask yourself the difficult questions, you won’t make the progress in your life that you are looking for. You will always be stifling your ability to grow and develop. The questions that you ask yourself (or fail to ask!) can ignite deep transformative change in your life. The questions you have avoided answering may hold the secret to unlocking your future.
Self-Awareness is the Key
Self-awareness is the key to self-fulfillment. Do you consider yourself to be fairly self-aware? Most people do. Surprisingly though, being self-aware is a relatively rare trait: only 10-15% of people ACTUALLY are self-aware. Maybe you aren’t as self-aware as you think you are. Can you answer these questions?
30 Deep Questions to Ask Yourself
If you’ve been looking outside of yourself for answers, it’s time for you to face the music: you have everything you need already; there is just something you’ve been missing or overlooking, or even hiding from yourself. If you are ready for real answers, sit down and answer these questions honestly.
These 30 questions are broken up into 5 different categories:
- Who am I?
- What am I doing with my life?
- How am I pushing myself?
- Do I have healthy relationships?
- How do I spend my time?
1. Who am I?
2. How do other people view me?
3. What do I wish other people saw in me? How can I bring that out so that they can see it?
4. What are my values? Am I living them out?
5. Who do I want to be?
6. Who am I when I am free of any external censorship or judgment?
7. What am I doing with my life?
8. What do I want out of life?
9. Where do I want to be in 10 years?
10. What are my long-term goals?
11. What does success mean to me?
12. What do I find meaningful and fulfilling?
13. Am I pushing myself?
14. What did I do poorly today?
15. How can I do better tomorrow?
16. What did I do well today?
17. How can I repeat and build on that?
18. Do I let myself make mistakes?
19. Do I have healthy relationships?
20. Do I get as much out of my relationships as I put in?
21. What relationships have I outgrown?
22. Do my relationships support me or hinder me?
23. Who do I trust to tell me when I am wrong?
24. What can I do to deepen my most important relationships?
25. How do I spend my time?
26. What am I grateful for?
27. What do I enjoy doing? How can I do it more often?
28. Who do I spend most of my time with?
29. What do I spend a lot of time on even though I know, deep down, that it’s a waste of time?
30. What am I missing out on by submitting to fear, anxiety, and worry?
The answer to a single question can change the course of an entire life
You may find some of these questions a little hard to answer. But you will get the greatest help from the questions that are the most difficult to answer, because they push you to dig a little deeper for that answer. They force you out of your comfort zone. Make yourself answer the hard questions!
Which of these questions is the hardest for you to answer? Share in the comments below!