Living Your Own Life
What does it look like to live life on your own terms?
It looks like whatever you’d like it to look like. And that’s the beauty of it, right? It’s totally unique to you. It’s YOUR life.
When Things Are Out Of Joint
I can tell you what living on someone else’s terms looks like. And it’s not pretty.
It looks like:
- Trying to shape your life to a mold that just does not fit at all, because you think that’s what it is supposed to look like. You think you are supposed to be doing things a certain way or that there are certain things you are supposed to be doing. But it is just not working for you. Aren’t you tired of trying?
- Feeling like your life is something that has happened to you, rather than something you chose. Somehow you have been dragged along by life instead of being an active participant in your choices.
- Feeling not quite right somehow, like an eagle stuffed into the skin of a rabbit. Feeling misunderstood and misfit, like no one really gets you.
If You Don’t Like It, Do Something Else
You get to decide what you want to do with the time that you have. You can choose a life worth savoring, one that fits you like a glove.
Toss everything that’s not working for you and give yourself permission to live the life you deeply desire.
Are you ready to take responsibility for your own life?
Fools & Fairies is for you if:
- You believe that true change is always driven from the inside out
- You recognize the responsibility you have in the shape of your own life
- You are willing and able to be brutally honest with yourself about your motivations, your fears, and your dreams
- You are ready to dig deep and get to work.
“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” – Bob Moawad
We are going to explore the question: How do you form a life worth INHALING moment by delicious moment? How do you even know what that looks like for YOU? How do you resist the drag of a world hell-bent on beating the magic out of you?
Life Goes On
Does this sound familiar?
- “I’m not sure who I am anymore. There have been so many different demands and expectations thrown at me and I’m not sure where I end and all that other stuff begins.”
- “I’m not really sure what I want. Everyone tells you to follow your passion, but I don’t really know what I’m supposed to be doing. I feel confused and directionless.”
- “I know what my dream life looks like, but this is real life. I just don’t see a path to where I wish I could be. There are too many obstacles standing in the way. I can’t figure out how to get from point A to point B.”
Now think ahead 1 year, 5 years, 10 years. Are you going to be in the same place? Or will everything have changed?
Imagine having a crystal clear vision for yourself and what you want out of life. You have an exciting plan to get where you want to go, and it’s a plan that adjusts and grows and changes with you.
Imagine being deeply fulfilled and enjoying the little details of your life.
Imagine trusting yourself and your vision. You are confident in your ability to shape your future. You are in control of your life and loving it.
And one more thing…
You Are Not a Machine
It’s time to stop evaluating your value and worth based on what you produce and achieve.
Maybe lighten up a bit.
The only thing guaranteed to you in life is death.
- Rediscover your sense of curiosity, adventure, and exploration
- Listen to the urgings of your heart
- Do the things you love unapologetically
- Take risks
- Push your boundaries
- Go with the fairies when they call
- Hunt for dragons
Fools & Fairies is for the wild-hearted
For those who long for a balanced life, with work, play, movement, stillness all present and equally honored.
It is for those who know that they want to live their life differently, on their own terms, and who believe deeply in the infinite possibilities of this existence.
Connect with me on social media! I’m on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @foolsandfairies.